Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hallo-rude-een

I do enjoy Halloween much more now that I have children. I however, do not enjoy some other children during Halloween. I did not enjoy the child (about 11 yrs old) who, knocked on my door, then did not say "Trick or Treat"( which annoys me, why not just say - "Give me candy". THEN proceeded to talk on his cell phone, while I had to try to squirm MY hand into HIS bag to give HIM candy. Hello! Didn't your mother teach you manners? Please, to all moms that give your kids cell phones, please teach them manners, such as "Excuse me, I need to answer this, it is my Mom", or if the child looks down and sees it is a friend and NOT his mother making sure her baby is alright, for this child to ignore the call and let it go to voicemail. I am quite sure if a preteen can handle a cell phone, or Ipod, or whatever, he can handle calling someone back.

Then there was the child who walked up to my door, which was just the screen door since it was such a beautiful day today and just stood there peering in, I looked up from the couch, startled that there was no knock or doorbell, and I said "Yes?" as I walked to the door, he just said "I just want candy". Hello? So being the bitch I am, I made him say "Trick or Treat", then "Thank You". My daughter is 2 years old and she knows to say these things. I remind her all the time of manners and such, and demand that sort of behavior. Not only for me, but for her interaction with the rest of the world. Yes, she is a toddler and is allowed to be that. But, it really gets me upset when so many kids seem to have no manners whatsover!




so sorry for the rant, now onto the cutie pies:


Jr- my little pumpkin




Sarah- mommy's little witch






great day
nice weather
Grandma's house
Trick or Treating
bedtime
aah! I love my life.


Happy Halloween!

No comments: