Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I cannot believe that my little girl is going to be 2 years old next month. It is so crazy to think that within the past 3 years I have gotten married and had 2 children! Actually, to really think about it, my entire married life I have been pregnant or nursing (fun fun fun). Anyway, she is so smart and so cool and she has made me realize that there really is more to life than me-me-me!!!
She sings (the wrong words, but still, it's cute) I peaked in on her yesterday in her room singing and I heard "suuunny day, chase da clowwn awaaay" It was so cute!
She says "No" and means it, unlike her Mommy who can back down too quickly so as to avoid an arguement. But, I did watch Oprah recently and I do not want to be one of those pushover-spoil-my-kids-rotten-moms whose kids never move out, nor do they ever respect anyone or anything. Soooo, I have been doing the time out thing lately and it seems to work well with her.
She loves her new "bwown shoos", and if it were up to her, she would wear them to bed and in the bathtub.
She loves her little "boodgie man", her nickname for her little brother, that we have all picked up on calling him lately.
She can pick up on the theme song for Dora the Explorer, Diego, or Sesame Street, and if you are flipping channels she will scream at you to stop on her show, even from the other side of the house.
She remembers who bought her what article of clothing, and will remind me everyday when she gets dressed who it came from (usually my Mom or sister).
She must sit in her own seat at night when I read her bedtime stories, no longer on my lap. This makes me sad, but I know it is just her and her independance, so I'll go with the flow - for now.
She learns something new everyday, as do I.

No comments: