Saturday, October 21, 2006

punky pickin

Today was pumpkin picking day, or as Sarah called it "punky pickin". It was a cool day and the farm was crowded. We tried to walk through the little petting zoo area and I kept stopping to show the animals to Sarah, but like a bird freed from it's cage, she just wanted to run. Up and down the isles. Along the fence. Through the mud tracks left by the tractor pulling the hayride. Run Run Run. Hubby pushed JR in the stroller so he certainly had the easy job. As I went to turn another corner to catch up with Sarah, hubby pointed the other direction towards more animals. I quickly advised him that nap time had been missed, we needed to think about lunch and get this child a "punky", NOW. We headed off towards the pumpkin patch and I quickly found a nice fat round one. We took a couple pics, paid for our large veggie and we were off.





So now, as I try to conjure up some extra creativity, I am looking for a new direction in which to take my jack-o-lantern adventure. I definately found way too much info on the internet, and if I could, I would just carve out Dora the Explorer. But I have neither the patience or time for such an intricate little dissection. So I am off to figure out what we'll do with the "punky".....

No comments: