Wednesday, November 01, 2006

No sugar, good day

Today was a good day. Maybe it is the fact that I didn't eat any chocolate myself and maintained a steady blood sugar all day. Maybe it is the fact that my children were perfect and there were no meltdowns. Or maybe, perhaps, it is because I am coming to realize that I just need to relax and live more in the moment.
Cheerios all over the floor in the supermarket - ah, they'll sweep it up (I DID kick them over to the side so a nice old lady wouldn't wipe out).
Toddler won't eat anything except fruit or cereal? So what, she certainly eats healthier than me. Anyway, I am quite sure that within the next 16 or so years she will try maybe one or two new things to eat.
Same toddler splashes so much water around from the bathtub that the bathroom looks like the hull of the Titanic - well I just took a big ole fluffy towel and wiped it all down - no I don't have to clean in there tomorrow!
I am certainly hoping that this zen-like state stays with me for more than 24 hours. Besides, I haven't started having withdrawal symptoms from the lack of chocolate yet, so we shall see.

No comments: