Wednesday, October 18, 2006

One fine day

The morning was a little hairy as JR is teething and never wants to be put down. The fact that he weighs about 22-23 lbs now is not so good for my back, but anything to keep my baby happy. After Sarah ate some lunch I put her down for her nap around 11:45am. She fought me about it, as she does all the time now. I let her play in her crib, and after about 35 minutes I went in to get her. I figured if she wasn't asleep by now, I might as well let her come out. So, I opened up her door, mind you, I am still holding the big baby boy, and I saw her sitting on her pillow. As I looked closer I noticed her diaper was off and there was a poop on the middle of the mattress. Now my first thought was - Should I take a picture of this for my husband, or my blog, or anyone that wants to listen to my insanely silly baby stories, and then I thought - duh! no wonder why she didn't take a nap, I certainly wouldn't take a nap with a big ole turd staring me in the face. She just looked up at me and said "Momma, I pooped". Yes dear, you did. So I asked her not to touch Mommy with her hands until we were all cleaned up. At the same time, I had to put down big man for a little while, so my back and arms were happy.

After cleaning my little sweety pie up and changing the sheets and washing every stuffed toy and pillow that was in the vicinity, I realized that no nap meant Helltime later. It actually didn't turn out too bad. I ended up taking a walk down at the boardwalk with the kids Aunt LaLa and before I knew it, Sarah was asleep in the stroller. I cannot tell you the last time that happened.

After dinner tonight we did Art Time, so I let her do fingerpainting. I figured, she could have made a real mess with the poop earlier, and she really didn't, so what the heck. While my darling daughter was finishing up her masterpiece I filled up the bathtub so I could throw her right in. As I picked her up and took off her favorite smock (my old t-shirt) she looked up at me with those beautiful big blue eyes and said "I know, DON"T touch Momma". Right on girlfriend!

(By the way, I did not take a picture of the poop) Yay for me.

No comments: