Sunday, October 22, 2006

This evening I am wiped out!
After -
  • dancing with Sarah (someone has to show her who U2 is)
  • making dinner
  • cleaning up dinner (dishes, sweep up, clean high chair)
  • bathing Sarah
  • waking JR to nurse him and put him back to bed
  • reading to Sarah and putting her to bed
  • cutting hubby's hair
  • vacuuming hair off the floor
  • finally taking a shower of my very own (ah, Calgon take me away, far away)

this was all between 4:30pm and 7:15 pm, so yeah I am tired. I wanted to do so many things today - make new curtains for my bedroom, organize my photos (so when I am scrapbooking it is a little easier to find stuff), run to Target for a few things (alone). But none of it ever happened. I feel like life is sometimes like a merry-go-round that you can't get off and you just keep getting stuck doing the same things - I must wipe down the high chair 12 times a day between Sarah's meals and snacks, and now JR gets a little food now. I can't get away from the normal daily mundane routine stuff to do extra stuff, and yet, the daily stuff is what keeps the house going.

How do those perfect little happy housewives with their perfect little happy husbands and perfect little happy kids get it all in there? How do you clean the house, take care of the kids, actually shower and blow dry your hair (within the same 1 hour time-frame), make meals, socialize, feed your head, make time for your marriage and other close relationships, shop, and anything else that needs to be done, all in 1 day? I am starting to feel like I am always one step behind. I watch my diet and try to find some time to walk or exercise, and then something else is going to lag. I drill away endless time on the internet or my blog, and I feel guilty about what I could be doing more "productive".

Oh and now I have to find some time for Christmas shopping ??? Hello internet!! Bring on the shipping charges!!

No comments: