Sunday, November 19, 2006

Lessons Learning

I never fully understood the range of emotions that I would encounter in a marriage. One minute I am so in love and the next he annoys me to no end. How is this possible? In the movies it seems so damned near perfect. Is this why the divorce rate is so high in our country? Do so many people just give up during the "get-on-my-nerves-go-away" times? Or do we forget what the word commitment means? I k-n-o-w I am not quite perfect (damn near close though, hehe) and I k-n-o-w I annoy my hubby pretty much all the time, but I sleep well at night knowing that we are in it for the long haul. I wish for all those I love that they too feel that same security in their relationships.

Something else I never really understood was the "having kids" thing. I always wanted "a baby". Boy, was I in for a smackdown of reality. The baby is the easy part. The toddler, on the other hand, is a completely different, individual, screaming little human. I don't know some days if I have the patience for this. I question myself each and every day. Why do I say "no" all the time? Should I be more of a schedule type person? Is my kid gonna be screwed up because of me? Does she watch too much TV? Is she eating too much sugar? (Definately yes to the last one) Am I too strict? Am I not strict enough? Will I ever have the answers? Do I just need some sleep? (I also think that, I too, eat w-a-y too much sugar)

So here's to hoping for a sugar-free, long naptime day on Monday!

No comments: