Monday, November 13, 2006

Party aftermath

First let me start off by saying YES! There was plenty of chili. Too much in fact that I will somehow turn into a cute little Texan Momma from eating so much chili this week! (portion controlled of course)




Sarah enjoyed her birthday party and all seemed to go well. Anything that didn't go well, (to any family members that might have been witness to it) I don't want to know about it. Sarah's favorite part seemed to be when the family gathered around to sing her "Happy Birthday". She sat there, her face all lit up, in front of her cake, and she glowed from the pride that she knew we were all there for her. She looked at me with a face of joy that I will never forget. She was the purest form of happy I have ever observed in my entire 32 years on this earth, and I hope to always see it in her eyes. Her Daddy had to help her blow out the big old #2 candle and she was so glad to finally be able to eat some cake and ice cream! (of course, when I wasn't looking, my dear Nanny allowed this sweet little child to dig her fingers into my homemade(ok, Betty Crocker mix) creation. I know MY child would have NEVER done such an thing on her own! haha)




When all was said and done, the day was great and as my dear hubby crashed on the couch after everyone left we realized it was only 4:30pm!!! Oh Mah God!!! WE still had exactly 2 and 1 half hours to contend with the little cuties. So, we put on our game faces and did the best we could in our sleep deprived conditions (the babes were awake since 5am that morn). I was so tired last night, that when hubby finally went off to bed around 10, I couldn't get off the couch and slept there another 2 hours before going off to bed myself.





Sarah enjoying her cake







Her favorite gift of the day, her piano





No comments: