Monday, November 27, 2006

Fat Peeta

Last week I started bringing the baby into the bathtub with Sarah. He is a little wobbly, but I hold him, wash him, and get him out. The first time Sarah didn't notice anything "different". The next time, she noticed. She pointed to his "stuff" and said "nuny", which is what we ended up calling hers. I sat there for a moment wondering if I should just "oh yeah" her or actually go there, and then, what should I call it? I remember growing up with four younger brothers my parents had such a silly name for it and I just didn't want to do that either. So I simply said, "your brother has a penis". Well, for some reason "penis" turned into "fat peeta". She thinks it is the funniest thing, saying it every chance she can get, even though I really tried to make it very matter of fact, ya know, being the responsible parent and all.

Fast forward to this morning: I made Sarah a cute little smiley face on bread with peanut butter, raisins and banana. She took a bite and looked a little confused, as it was different bread than she was used to. She looked up at me and questioned "bread?" I said "yes honey, it's pita bread". Well, she was quite perplexed by the whole thing, checking out the bread, then looking over at her brother. "Kurt (JR) fat peeta??" She wasn't too hungry after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'll be able to look at pita bread, or a penis, in quite the same way again.