Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pain in the neck

I have been nursing a serious-bad muscle pain thingy in my neck since Sunday morning, and I have only to blame my children. Yes, my sweet little cutie-pies did this to me. We stopped into the hospital on Saturday to visit my little brother who had his appendix taken out (poor little Seany-Boy). Anyway, the stupid boy at the WRONG INFO desk sent me to the 2nd floor. With one 21 lb 6 month old in one arm and a toddler who walks, "I do it Momma", off we went to the elevator. The 2nd floor was like a world of its own, I was lost, baby screaming, toddler only hopping square to square on the tiled floor, and NO ONE to ask for help. As I headed back to find the elevators (which I couldn't find, I have no sense of direction) I found a man who helped me, told me pediatrics was the 5TH FLOOR, and that I wasn't the only person that this INFO person sent to the incorrect place. He was going to straighten it all out. What a wonderful man. However, now my toddler wants to sit on the floor and the baby is slipping out off my hip. SOOOO.. I lean down to pick my darling daughter up by her arm and flipped my son up a little higher on my hip. Yes, all at the same time.

Needless to say, the pain started Sunday and I have felt useless for 2 days now.
I did go vote today, however, I did wait until hubby came home so I could run out and do it by myself instead of dragging the kids and only making myself feel worse. Especially since I still wasn't sure who to vote for and especially since I really don't like either of the Senate candidates we have running here in NJ. I thought it through and had to take the lesser of two evils. I hate the nasty commercials and everything that goes with campaigning. I hate wondering if I made the right decision. I hate thinking they all seem like crooks to me and it so hard sometimes to come to any decision that leaves me feeling good. Maybe I should run for office. Actually, not such a good idea, in high school I did inhale, and I am quite sure there alot of people who, if paid $10 would attest to that fact.

I will watch the endless news channels tonight for hours upon hours to see who won and where, because, now as a responsible adult (who no longer inhales), parent and citizen, I find myself interested and frightened for the future of this country and my children.

No comments: