Sunday, September 24, 2006

Where did patience go?

Patience, patience, where art thou?

I find myself a ball of nerves and biting my nails at the end of the day.

I put the wrong juice in the sippy cup ( heaven forbid, Tantrum # 1). I placed the wrong cereal in the snack bowl (Tantrum # 2).

"Sarah, put the binky back in your brother's mouth"
"Sarah get your hand out of the toilet"
"Sarah, drink your juice don't shake the cup all over the couch to see how many drops you can drip out"
"Sarah eat your lunch"
"Sarah eat something"
"Anything....."
"Ok, have some cookies"

Ok, so by 2pm I am ready to
a) nap
b) drink a case of beer
c) run away
d) all of the above

If you guessed "d" you get the Grand Prize, One All Inclusive Day with MY KIDZ !
(no just kidding)

This evening however, after everyone was fast asleep, Momma slipped off to grab a cup of coffee and to do the food shopping ALL BY MYSELF! Ah, heaven. As I floated through the grocery store I only purchased the items on my list and never did I once crave Devil Dogs or ice cream or any other stress reducing product. I think that I will make this my own little Sunday nite ritual.
I used to get all dolled up, cute little purse and shoes all ready for a nite on the town. Now, I proudly don my sneakers and chapstick, coupons in hand, ready for a blissful evening of adult thoughts, or no thoughts at all.
Fresh produce - here I come....

No comments: