Monday, September 11, 2006

(Nanny holding JR in 06/06)

I think that I don't spend enough time being thankful for the people in my life. So many people that mean so much and probably don't even know how they have impacted my life.

Today I will start with my Grandmother, Nanny Adams.

She is thoughtful and kind and never really has anything bad to say about anyone. However, if something doesn't seem "right" to her, she will say it in such a sweet way, you wouldn't notice anything negative about her words. I am lucky to have her pray for me. I am lucky to have her goodness to look up to as an example. Nanny sends me copies of articles that she thinks would interest me. She sends me emails all the time just to tell me she is thinking of me and the kids. She is my biggest fan. She recently sent my 22 month old daughter a picture of her statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary ( of whom my Sarah is obsessed, that fact we all think is a little weird, but there are crazier things for a toddler to obsess about ). The photo of the BVM is right there in her room next to Dora for us to kiss each night at bedtime.
Thank you Nanny for being you and for always being there for me.
I Love You...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I began this day by crying my eyes out because of the broadcasts about 9/ll. Thought I would check my emails to see if you posted a blog this evening because they have a way of cheering me up. Lo and behold I find that you did and here I am with "happy" tears in my eyes because of all the nice things you said. Thank you with all my heart, Gina, I am so happy that we are "family". Love to Kurt and hugs and kisses to my super great granddaughter Sarah and my terrific great grandson Kurt, Jr. They just don't come any better.