Wednesday, September 20, 2006


Ok, September and I have already killed the mums. I don't know what it is with me and plants outside. If I pot it, it will die.




Took the babes over to the town reservoir today, beautiful day, calm wind, warm sun. Toddler tantrum about 1/2 way around. She was tired and I know I should have went just a tad bit earlier so as not to cut into her naptime. Well, jot that down as the lesson for today.
(I hope that these kids learn 1/2 as much from me as I do from them!)

On a side note, Jim McGreevey (our former NJ Governor) was on The View today speaking about his new book. People are so critical of him. I wish that people would just look at him as another human being who made mistakes and get on with their lives. The guy tried to live his life in a way that was not true to who he really was. Of course in the end it didn't work out for him and of course other people were hurt along the way. The way he gets questioned you would think he killed someone or something. I think Rosie O'Donnell was so on point when she came to his defense and reworded some statements to help people understand what he was saying. He was a gay man who tried to deny his own truth. I couldn't imagine if something that was a huge part of who I am at the core was condemned by the church, the people around me, my family, as "wrong". She also noted to him that he speaks like a politician and that could be why his point didn't seem clear at times. So true, most people (like myself might) tend to shut down and not want to listen, or feel, like I do, that "political speak" is condescending and arrogant.
I guess for me, my belief is that being gay is part of a person just like the color of their hair or eyes. I understand that is not everyone's view, and to me that is very sad.
Why can't we look to other people as "other human beings", not judge them, or separate them into groups (even if just in our heads). If a person is a good person, and is not hurting anyone, and is living their life in a way that is suitable to them, who has the right to judge them?

Wouldn't life be so much nicer if we all looked to others as an extension of ourselves?
I guess that would start with me...........

No comments: