Monday, April 02, 2007

let it go

It is so hard sometimes to really let go of things that we have no control of. This is most definately something I need to work on in order to be 1) a good parent and 2) be happier in my skin. I tend to take things very personally when it comes to the people I love, and I only hope for them to be happy. But alas, I know that their own happiness is only for their own doing. When we someone struggling in a tough relationship, isn't it completely normal to want to see them in a better situation? When we see a loved one who really has never even tried on the rose colored glasses, who sees the world as miserable and dark and has no drive for themselves, don't you just want to grab them and shake them into seeing that it isn't such a bad place? Most unfortunately I have these people in my life, and I take it too much to my own heart. I cannot make anyone else see the beauty that I see, or the greatness they could be if they would just push themselves forward. I cannot keep feeling other people's unhappiness and constantly worrying for them and the sadness I see in their eyes.

My children need me. I think hubby does too (sometimes....)
Although, I am having trouble letting go, I know that in order me to grow, I can no longer hold onto someone else's pain. So, today, I let it all go. This is not to say that I don't care, of course I do. I just need to step back and realize that I cannot help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

1 comment: