Thursday, April 05, 2007

greatest non-expectations

The best days with my kiddies are when I have no expectations and no place to go. Trying to rush a toddler in the bathroom is more stressful I think for me than for her. Making her understand the "now" and the urgency of leaving at a certain time, or hurrying to be home for naptime, she'll never understand that. Her "now" is feeling the warm water dribble over her cool hands as she washes them, or, picking up that perfect rock as we walk outside. We should all take a cue from the little ones more often. We had the best time playing in the sandbox the other day. Time passed so slowly and gently. We dug and built and dug some more. I was saddened when it was time to go in and I realized that I don't spend enough of that precious play time with her. I tend to push her off to play so I can do something else.

More playtime today...

1 comment:

Pendullum said...

You are so right on the mark...
I loved, loved, loved, my time with my daughter as a toddler... She taught me to taste the wind, to watch a leaf flutter to the ground as if it were a ballet dancer and to listen to a stream as if it were a symphany!