Friday, April 27, 2007

sue me

Early this morning we left the house to have breakfast with my sister and afterwards ran into Shoprite for a few last minute items for JR's 1st birthday party tomorrow. Sarah screamed that she wanted the "caw cawt", ya know the one with the very loud, hard to push, rattling car on the front? So at 7:30am I am not into argueing, so I agreed. I wiped it all down since it was soaking wet and placed her in the car and JR in the basket seat. All good. We drove around Shoprite for a while since, 1) I never really go to this particular store and 2) they are in the middle of a huge remodel and everything was all over the place. We literally circled the store six times before finding sour cream and baby food.

As we walked down the paper products isle, Sarah wanted those Zoo Pals Plates, the paper plates with animal faces? Ok, I know, not so enviromentally sound, whatever. I let her hold them and we then circled the store again so I could locate some salt pork, which I had never purchased in my life, but, am making baked beans in the good ole crock pot tomorrow and the recipe calls for it. (BTW- salt pork is located by the bacon if anyone is interested)

We checked out and I actually had a really nice woman help me at the register. She actually said good morning and we talked. Most of the time my trips to the store end with me stressing on the way home about the decline of customer service.

I put the grocery bags in the back of my oh-so-cool minivan and put JR into his carseat. As I reached for Sarah, there under her "dolly" was the package of plates. I was mortified, and normally I would run back inside and pay for whatever had been forgotten. But not today. I had to go to the bathroom. Sarah was shreeking that she had to go potty as well. JR was snuggled up in his car seat. So I left. I decided that next time I go to Shoprite I will just have them double ring the package of plates since I am always buying them anyway. Yeah, I know, I am such a nerd. My question is this, why couldn't she have carried off something good? Like a King size Milky Way bar? Or a box of Hot Tomales??

No comments: