Monday, April 16, 2007

dream a little dream (or some fish)

After lunch yesterday ( and a nice little brownie with milk ) I decided to take a nap. The kids were both sleeping, and hubby was in his office doing paperwork. So, as I drifted away on the couch, all snuggled in my 15 yr old blanket, cozy and warm, I tried to think of nothing, just relax and fall, fall, fall. Then it happened. I dreamt of the strangest thing. I dreamt I was just staring at the dinner I was planning to prepare, mahi-mahi roasting in the oven with a honey-dijon sauce. Am I sick??? Is this what my life has come to? In my most relaxed state I am dreaming about food. And not just food, but cooking dinner, which I really do not enjoy anymore. I am sick. There is something wrong with me. Can I no longer imagine that George Clooney is trying to reach me (desperately)?? Or that Brad Pitt has lost my email address and is searching for me??? I think I would even settle for a romantic picnic with one of the Wiggles now. But fish??? Really now. Momma needs to get out of the house. And not to the food store.

1 comment:

Pendullum said...

But maybe you awoke before you served your meal to George... and then the real fun began...