Tuesday, April 10, 2007

more momma guilt

We did not get any outside playtime yesterday and Sarah certainly needed it by the end of the day!! I have already uncovered the sandbox and plan to be out there for a while today. Where does she get this energy? It is all balled up in this little 30 lb body. Can I get some? Just a tad bit? I have decided I do not like planning dinner anymore, so I need to do something about it. No one likes what Momma has to offer, and Momma needs to focus on eating healthier and losing some more baby weight. I do not like cleaning, but frankly, who does?? Ok, I do have a friend who does ( one friend ), and I think that it is just weird, so it would seem I cannot get rid of that chore. I enjoy playing with my kids and I do enjoy exercising when I can do it alone. Yes, alone. Aerobics is not fun when 2 little ones are trying to climb your legs or sit on your gut when crunching. Walking the boardwalk for exercise is fun only when I keep both of them in the stroller so I can actually work up a sweat, but Sarah loves to push her little stroller also. (at a very slow pace mind you). Am I "selfish" for wanting some "me" time, or is this the normal course of things? Do you ever regain it? Does there come a time when you feel ok to focus on yourself or is there always a "momma guilt" involved?

me thinks I need a vacation

(hint to the hubby)

2 comments:

Mamacita Tina said...

Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog.

The only way I get exercise is if I load them into the stroller and walk around the neighborhood. They enjoy it, seeing different things and telling me about it.

Perfectly fine for us mommas to find time for ourselves, and necessary in order for us to keep our sanity.

Deborah said...

Finding time for myself got noticeably easier when my daughter hit three. Of course, I only had a few months before the baby arrived, but...still. It gives me hope that I will get it back again.