Tuesday, April 17, 2007

inspire me


I remember when I was younger, a small child who loved to draw. I actually did it well, but my low self esteem and not letting others "in" sort of thwarted any progress I could have made. If a teacher noted how well something was, I was embarrassed. If my parents said something was good, to me, it was not good enough for me. I couldn't see it, or didn't want to. I didn't want to stand out or be exposed. Now, I see in my precious little girl of 2 1/2 that love of drawing, paint, even Play-Doh. She begs to draw. She loves to paint and tell me about it, who it is, what they are doing. I am trying to help her grow with that, to feel good about it. To express herself. I want to express myself. I am looking around and finding more inspiration in everything I see. Why didn't I see it before? Was I that closed off? Am I so closed off for someone else to see "me"?


I am trying for today to just look with the eyes of a child. To slow down and look at a different level.. Wonder. Imagination. I am trying that with dealing with children today, instead of being the selfish person I am at times. I am trying it when we go for a walk. I am trying it when we fold laundry. I just need to slow down for a while. Find my inspiration.


2 comments:

Pendullum said...

Pick up the paintbrush and paint with her,draw with her, she will allow you to unleash some of your talent... It can be quite liberating...

Anonymous said...

Encourage and never stifle any form of artistic expression. It can become a person's true identity much more than even their profession.