Friday, August 18, 2006


Why is it that some people know from the time they are very young what they want to be? Why is that some people never find their passion? So many times I have heard children say that they dream to be "whatever" it is, and for their parents or an adult to say things like " Oh, you won't make good money doing that, you should do this instead". I just think people should build their own dreams. Yes, I know that money makes the world go round, but I would rather see my children happy and stable, so what if they are not monetarily rich.

I seem to be still searching for that "thing" that makes me... well, I guess ME. It's so easy to get wrapped up in everyone else's world - the husband, the kids, the house, the problems. I want my babies to always feel supported in whatever they want to try or learn. I don't ever want them to feel badly because of my negative remarks or differing opinion. If I think hard I can remember some of the good things that people have said to me in my childhood. The truth is, I always remember the harsh and negative things that were said. Even a look can say so much to a kid who is looking in the faces of adults for some acceptance.

I look at Sarah and JR and I see such a sad world sometimes. I see danger and perverts and all kinds of things that I really do not want to deal with at all in my lifetime. I also see the chance for them to bring something good to the table. The possibility of something good. I look at their hands and think that he could invent something wonderful to help others, or that she could play beautiful music. I wonder what their passions will be??

1 comment:

Claudeaspace said...

This is beautiful G! I have felt the exact same way about my life in general, at times. I seemed to have been searching for my passion in life for such a long time, when I recently (within the past six months) found out that I've know what it was since I was sixteen years old. I'd just gotten distracted and lost my way. Now that I know how it feels to be lost in the desire to find yourself, I strive to help my children search their hearts to know who they are. I want them to understand their passions in life, so that they will pursue them wholeheartedly and endure criticism from others.