Monday, August 28, 2006

Patience

According the Webster himself, patient means :1) bearing pain or trials without complaint 2) showing self control.

Well, I am not good at either, so how do I teach a 22 month old little girl? Especially now as she has become the little mimic. I will see her slam her hand on the coffee table, of course, after I have put something down a little harder than I should have. Or, she will huff and puff, as do I. It is actually funny in a way when she does say "sh#t" and I have to loudly say " Oh shoot". She is smarter than that though. She knows what I have said, and she will repeat it for hours on end.

I find myself getting so frustrated with her at times, and the guilt eats me up. She is so smart and has the whole world ahead of her, I don't want to be the negative influence in her life. I don't want her to follow her dreams just to get away from Mom. The more I get frustrated with her, the more I get angry at myself. It is a never ending battle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey G. Right back at you;)

I've felt this way many times, and I'm learnin to work harder to BE the patient person I want my kids to be.
In the past year, I've gotten to know someone who really lives her values and is raising her kids by them: compassion, respect, patience, etc. She is like a mentor/role model to me. (Her name starts with a K, so my Jiminy Cricker is the acronym WWKD;) BUT don't be too hard on yourself. Raising kids is not easy: I f#$@ up often, but the majority of the time, I'm setting the example I now.

Anonymous said...

Horray for you!!!! You are a very normal Mom. Don't get frustrated just because the Princess picks up a questionable word - be happy for all the good ones she has added to her vocabulary. Have more confidence in yourself because you are doing s truly super job. Have a good day. I love you!!!!