Sunday, August 06, 2006

Just be a kid


I forget sometimes what is was like to be a kid. I am so wrapped in having the housework done and babies naps on time that I forget to just have fun.

We went over to the beach after dinner tonight and dh sat on the blanket with baby boy and I got to splash around in the crashing waves with my cute little 20 month old princess. I had so much fun, plus the joy I felt just watching her and her excitement over the whole event. Why don't we do this more often? Or the question should be, why don't I? It doesn't have to be the beach, maybe just the sprinkler out in the backyard, or make bathtime more fun..

She plays so well on her own that I take advantage of it and spend more time being busy doing other things---what could be more important??? I don't want to look back on this time and regret a single moment- I want to live in and be active with them as much as I can. I want them to have good memories of Momma playing in the sprinkler too.

No comments: