Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Just be.....


There is so much in this world that one can worry about. A friend to our family recently lost her mother in a car accident. That same accident has put her two small grandchildren in ICU with brain injuries that the full results of are still unknown. How do I not worry each and every time I get in the car with my kids? Don't even mention if they were to get in the car with someone else, even my own husband or mother. I guess the truth of the matter is, even when I am the driver, I can only control myself. I cannot control others. So, in thinking aloud, it seems like such a waste of time to worry about that which I have no control. If something were to happen, I know that I could handle it, I would have to.

We want to protect our children from all the bad in this world. At the same time, we don't want them jaded and twisted like the rest of us. I want my daughter to not be afraid of the dark or swimming like I was. I want my son to be brave and respectful. I can give them the best start I can by showing them all the wonder the world holds. I can teach them manners and help them see things with common sense as well as logic, but I cannot control who they are. I want them to be the best they can be, without worry of what might happen. That worry can hold you down and tie you up and never let you breathe....I want to breathe again....

No comments: