Thursday, May 10, 2007

when I was not the momma

When I had a full time office job, I was good at organizing. I could organize my time very well. My desk was nice and neat, everything had it's place. I thought being a stay-at-home-mom would afford me the luxury of organization. I thought I would have the most gloriously neat closets and my bathroom sink would always sparkle. Dust would never settle in this domestic palace of love and laughter. No tears would be shed, nor did I know anything about tantrums and the will of a 2 year old. ha on me...

I truly couldn't even tell you the last time I actually cleaned the bathroom, it gets wiped down once in while though. My closets have become a haven for monstrous piles of clothes, clean or dirty. When company comes (and I get so excited when this ever happens!) everything not in order gets thrown into my bedroom closet. My closet has become a central arguement between hubby and I. He cannot understand why I have this hole of clutter. Why don't I just clean it? he'll say. As if I would rather be doing that than shaving my legs or waxing my upper lip? Hello hubby, do you not get what is important yet? Ever since I had my second little angel my struggle has been much more of a momma-don't-lose-yourself-in-this-whole-mess sort of struggle. It was much easier to go get a haircut or a pedicure with one baby. Working out, no problem with one baby. Two. Oh ma gosh. This is an entirely new ballgame that I have not trained very well for. I really hope that there are no report cards handed out at the end of this semester, because I truly think that although I haven't failed, I have squeeked by on the skin of my teeth.

Now I wonder, where did we find this "Model-Mom" to compare ourselves to? I don't really think she ever existed and if she did, she didn't have any time for friends or fun. A good mom, I am finding, knows when to ask for help or when she needs to just chill. A good mom would rather have fun running around with the soccer ball outside with her beautiful kids than scrubbing the toilet. I can always find time for the silly things, wipe over the bathroom while the kids are in the bath, fold laundry when I watch tv at night.

now, if I could just get someone to clean out my closet....

No comments: