Friday, May 18, 2007

coming soon : FANG

guilt. I hate that word, and yet I am so guilty of it. I say "I'm sorry" to everyone for the silliest things. My little Sarah even does this - we are in the supermarket passing by someone in the same aisle and as we pass she says "oh, I sowwy", as if we bumped to close to their space or something. She obviously thinks this a greeting, such as "hello". Well, this week I had to take my little man JR to the dentist due to a weird looking tooth in his mouth. Low and behold, she feels that it may be an extra tooth, it is growing in sideways between the front upper tooth and the second tooth. There is really nothing to do at this point, she explained, until he is a little older and will sit still for some x-rays. Sometimes, she said, it is just an extra tooth, or it could be ill placement of his regular teeth.



So here I am, feeling "guilty" as if it is my fault that my little 1 year old is going to look like a snaggletooth for an undetermined period of time. Did I drink too much milk? Was it the tuna fish I ate while I was pregnant? I did forget to take my vitamins a handful of times. It is amazing how I can place myself at the fault of any situation. The power I must feel I have.



Anyway, crooked teeth or not, he is still the most beautiful little man I have ever seen!!





I guess we'll just have to change his name to Fang for a while.......

2 comments:

Pendullum said...

Sorry,
He looks PERFECT to me...

Anonymous said...

He looks great. Can't believe he had to go to the dentist already. Nothing to worry about because it is only the first teeth. New ones will come in OK.