Sunday, February 04, 2007

Library Trip

We had our first visit to the library this week. I have to thank all of the other mommy's who were coming out of a toddler group at that time for assuring me that my little angel (devil) was acting completely normal for her first time. They all assured me that their children (sitting ever so perfect and quiet) were the exact same way on their first trip (running between the aisles of books and screaming "Dora-Dora I want Dora!!"?? I wasn't so sure about that, but it made me feel a little better. I can sware sometimes that I have it all together, then, we leave the house and I am smacked in the face with a large dose of reality. I get flustered and I swore that would never be me. I was supposed to be the mom with the child of gold. I was supposed to have make-up on and my hair done and look ever so yummy at all times. I am supposed to use smarter words than "poop" and "tinkle". I was not going to yell (which apparently, I do quite often). By the way, does anyone have any anger-management tips on that to share with the group???? Don't hold out on me!

So it will be back to the library tomorrow to return a movie we borrowed last week. It will be a quick trip, but perhaps we'll sit and read a short book. The toddler group for this month is actually full already, so I will sign her up for the next one. By then, the in-laws will be home from Florida and then I can bother Momma-Inlaw to watch JR so I can take Sarah on her own. I know I need to start getting her out more (and me of course!!) and accustomed to different situations and places - any ideas???

No comments: