Sunday, February 25, 2007

now-a-days

I did not catch the red carpet tonight,
nor did I Google the new scandalous pics of the NJ American Idol contestant.
I did think how sad it is that poor Anna Nicole's body is being fought over, and the judge seems to be caring more about his 15 minutes of fame.
I did think how sad I am for Brit and all the young and famous that have to go thru the low parts of their lives with the world watching them through the ever-present camera lens.
I am afraid for young girls that care more that their thong does show thru the tops of their pants, and for the fact that this younger generation seems to regard sexual activies as nonchalantly as picking out a new movie at Blockbuster.
I grew up in the 80's where baggy sweatshirts and leggings were hot.
Big hair and slouchy socks.

I am hoping for my daughter's sake that things start to change. How do we teach our daughters self respect when "everybody is doing it??" and I mean they seem to be doing everything.


Just had to get it all out.

No comments: