Monday, February 12, 2007

Slow Down

I have so many thoughts running around lately and no such organizational place for them. I don't even know where to start writing sometimes. So I pulled a card from the Observation Deck and it says simply - slow down. Perfect.

Enjoying and be grateful for what I have does not always come easy. Am I supposed to enjoy cleaning and all the home-keeping drudgery? Where does the fun come in with playing and laughing? I try to make the time for that, but I always feel as if there is something else I "should" be doing. Like ironing (yuck!) cleaning the fridge (yuck! yuck!) cleaning the bathtub in mine and hubby's bathroom (which we never use and I sware and curse every time I clean it out of all the hair and yuckiness that accumulates). I am home with my children. I am making sacrifices to be here, with them. So, I owe them that. To be here with them.

Now that the little cuties have been sleeping until 6-6:30 am, I would like to start using that extra hour (yes, 5 am) to get up and work out. I say this because 1) 8pm ain't working out for me, and 2)I am a happier-well-functioning-momma when I get my sweat on. The truth is, I love to exercise, but I cannot find the time to do it during the day. I know on the days I get it in, I physically feel better. I am emotionally ready to handle whatever comes my way. Mentally, I don't forget as much as I......(oops, sorry lost my thought..) So this goes with putting me first, which in turn will benefit others as well.

Slow Down. Slow Down. Slow Down.

Enjoy the kids without thinking what should I be doing.
Stop rushing around as if there is somewhere else I should be, I need to be here, in the moment, with my precious little ones before I lose this time.

No comments: