Monday, February 26, 2007

Snowless

Once again I was all excited for some snow and once again I woke up to an inch of slush. Living near the coast, this tends to happen. I don't know, I see the excitement in my little girl's eyes when she goes to bed and it is snowing, I just cannot wait to see her happy little face in the morning. Now I certainly know that the impending disappointment will last only a minute when she wakes, but still, I remember being young and how exciting it was.

I remember sitting in my classroom when the first flake started to fall and feeling that edgy feeling in my gut, "when are they gonna let us out?? school has got to close for this!!" I remember the hour long production it was for my own Momma to dress us all (4 of us a that time) to go out into the blustery fun. Then there was the madness of tearing everything off, fingers numb, belly's aching for a warm cup of cocoa afterwards.

Perhaps, I am just aching myself for that excitement. For some fun and throwing snowballs. For some warm cocoa with marshmallows floating on top. My red frozen fingers wrapped around a steaming mug, everyone sitting around the kitchen table smiling and excitedly interrupting the others with their stories of wet, snowy adventures.

aahh, sounds good.. I better call my sister today for a visit and some cocoa....

No comments: