Thursday, January 11, 2007

Training Days

I am breaking a sweat.
This is like training for a marathon.
My arms tire from carrying my spirited young toddler back and forth.
My patience has grown to a thinness that I never knew could be possible.
I am very grateful to have hard wood floors.
I am extremely grateful that my little 8 month old, although he is trying, is not able to walk yet.
It is wonderful for my emotional state that my children are both in bed by 7pm.

I am a potty training momma.

I don't really know what I was thinking before I began this. I thought you bring a child to potty and they take to it right away. Well, sorta. That is if you set a timer every 45 minutes to take them there yourself. I have really been blessed with such a great child that this is just overwhelming to me. Everything has been easy up to this point. Oh yes, then there are the times where I call to her "potty time" and she runs away screaming "NNNOOOO" and as I reach for her she pounds me with a little fist that I can only hope will make money off of boxing someday.


We are doing the underpants, no diaper or training pants thing and it does seem to be going as well as I am guessing it should. She wakes up dry from naps and nighttime so I should not complain about the neverending running around during the day. Besides it is exercise, right??

No comments: