Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Toddler eat not

I never in my wildest dreams would have guessed that my toddler's eating habits would cause me so much frustration and stress. She hardly eats anything except fruit and Cheerios. She contantly is pulling at her ears and scratching her throat which leads me to believe she has some sort of food allergy. Oh yes, she also vomits out of the blue, and then wants to eat because she is "so hungy". One of the pediatricians at the practice actually said this is normal. Not for me it's not.
I thought it was a dairy thing, but this evening it happened and there was not dairy to be found in anything she had eaten. The net has way too much information for a neurotic such as myself. I just got a book in the mail I had ordered about kids and allergies, so I thought I would check it out before subjecting her to scratch tests at our allergist.

I know that out of much of what I have read on this that it is completely normal for a toddler to go through different food phases, but if not for the puking-ear pulling-itchy throat I might not worry so much about the whole thing. I suppose it all goes back to following your instincts and mine scream at me to check this out.

wow. I really hope she isn't allergic to chocolate or anything good like that. That would really suck. (for her...)

No comments: