Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Getting back

ah the craziness of losing your computer - At times it is my link to the outside world. How strange that losing such a simple thing for a few days can be so anxiety causing. I had to reinstall everything to get my little world back to normal. Now to catch up with the laundry and everything else that is begging for attention....

On to everyday things - Sarah is doing great with the potty! IN fact, so great that the only accident she has had was at a friend's party the other day and she went into the bathroom by herself, but couldn't get her little tights off quick enough! I felt so badly because she has been doing so well with it. My little man is so good, especially since I have had to stop midstream nursing to make sure his big sister is ok on the toilet by herself!! He is such a great little go-with-the-flow type of guy!!

I am so excited there are some more new babies to come into our lives!! My friend Jen is pregnant with twins (due in August) and our niece Jodi is also pregnant (due around the same time I think??!) I am thrilled when people are pregnant and the excitement of a new baby!! (most especially when it is not I who has to push it out!)

I am trying to process some of the many news blurbs I have seen or heard this week, so I will write again later today. Like the four sets of parents who are suing Myspace.com and its owner News Corp. due to their children being assaulted by adults that they have met online. I need to do some more research on this particular suit, but, aren't parents also responsible for their children? Perhaps, as I feel, children should not have computers in their rooms or be allowed to be online at certain times or unsupervised, or, as parents we should learn better ways of communicating with our children. Perhaps we should teach our children that you should not publish "private" info such as your personal home address and such online. Or maybe, we could try harder to provide a better home and circle of friends for our kids so that they won't feel the need to look elsewhere for it?? (so someone who has to research it, I certainly have an opinion, huh??) Or all the media hype that a couple like Brad and Angelina get?? I get that they are movie stars and I think that what they do for people in need is wonderful! But I just fear for them that once something they do looks "less than the perfect" the media will attact them negatively. Why do we put people on such a high pedestal, when they are, well, human??

sorry, just trying to clear my head for some better thoughts later......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello G!
I am slowly becoming human once again, and was just catching up with your blog. Yeah, for you, with the potty-training. When we were going through this, my Sarah also had an accident involving tights (and another involving bib overalls-- so watch out for those, too:). I felt so guilty, since she was so emberassed and crushed. Now, after being potty-trained for almost a year, she does have an occasional accident, but sometimes I think these are intentional due to her baby brother getting my attention (and not that he gets anymore of my attention than she does, but she just has a really hard time understanding that she can't have ALL my attention).

I hope you are feeling better physically these days, and that your computer's health has also returned:) take care and thanks for continuing to check in with me.