Thursday, March 22, 2007

sleep little angel, please!!

My wonderful little girl, who always slept through the night, who always went to bed without so much as a sigh, has now begun to fight bedtime, and then wake up earlier than ever! Last night, she even stomped across the house into our bedroom(at 11pm mind you) and climbed into bed with hubby and I, she just rolled over and went to sleep. As if we had just forgotten her or something. I have tried to forgo naptime thinking maybe she was just getting enough sleep at night, but by midafternoon, she is pretty much getting in her own way and needs a nap. Or perhaps it just I who needs the time off, or a nap myself. I sit and wonder, am I selfish because I crave and hour alone each day?? I cannot even wake up before the kids, because she is up by 5 am lately. Now that she battles me about bedtime each night, she is not in until 8;30pm -9pm, which is a whirlwind of difference from the 7pm I am used to. So, after cleaning up and taking my own shower, I am ready for bed myself. Ready to do it again tomorrow.

Does it get easier? Am I built for this??

No comments: