Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Love Them

How often do we think of our loved ones and how we should visit, or call? How many times do we get stuck in our day-to-day routine without telling the people we care about just how much we do care? I am trying to not make certain details of life always about "me". If a family member is sick and in the hospital, I need to remind myself that is him who is not feeling well and needs the support- not me who feels sorry for myself for not being the best supporter. It's not about me not visiting enough. They know I care. I know I am loved. It is so difficult at times to put ourselves in those shoes that other people wear to really get perspective about what really is, rather than what I am putting my own personal delusional twist on. Poor lil' ole me, right?

Today, call someone who you love, but haven't spoken to in a while. Or, just tell someone who is right there how much you care. In the midst of laundry, dishes and dirty diapers, those words sometimes seem to get lost along the way......

No comments: