Friday, March 23, 2007

asking for your 2 cents.....

I try very hard to comment on the blogs that I enjoy reading. Sometimes it seems that someone has already jotted down what I want to say, so I don't bother. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say. But I do find that I crave for some attention lately, and frankly, a comment, good or bad would be most welcome on my little bloggies here.

I know, I know. I am a mommy now and where do I come off asking for anything?? A hot cup of coffee, to sleep in late one morning, to go to the potty alone....... I don't ask for much.

5 am, that is what time my sweet little ones woke up this morning and by this time (9am) I am ready for a nap myself. Hubby does not get it when I speak sometimes, I seriously wonder what goes on his head when I am talking. Like when I started weaning my little man and cried everytime I cut down one feeding, hubby thinks I am weird. Or, that even though I am so motivated to lose some more weight and work out, that getting up and at 'em at 4am just isn't gonna work for me, and sweatin' it out at 9pm won't either. I have a toddler who really hates the stroller anymore, and sweet 11 month old baby who loves to be held when he has the teething woes.

My life is grand, and I enjoy it when I actually stop myself from bitching and see how good things really are. But now I see how mommyhood can make you feel as if "you" are disappearing. Everything starts to revolve around the little ones, hubby's work (and the resulting stress), the housework, and trying to fit everything together and make it work. So, in order to maintain some sense of feeling that I am heard, click in a comment every now and then. I promise to do so myself.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Believe me, I hear you. It is way too easy to put ourselves and our needs far on the back burner, isn't it??? But, so worth it when you do something for yourself. I find that getting an hour to myself on the weekends to go work out can carry me through days and days of endlessly refilling sippy cups and wiping noses and changing diapers.

If you get a chance - come comment on my blog, too (http://littlebitinteresting.blogspot.com) so I know someone is out there...