Thursday, December 28, 2006

Mommy delusions

I called my mommy up tonight on the verge of tears because basically, I am the mother of a two year old. A two year old girl who really believes she is about thirteen years old. I don't get it. We don't spank her, yet she hits me. I cannot get her to eat anything anymore except apples and cereal. The only way I can get her to brush her teeth is if I do it for her while singing her a song. I don't like the way this anger feels. I didn't expect this when I signed on to be a mommy. Isn't there supposed to be joy and laughter and love all the time? By her bedtime I am so frazzled I wonder if she senses it? My saving grace this week has been that hubby has been home on vacation (well, pretty much working more from home, but here). I feel like I just cannot give her what she needs sometimes. She really has alot of energy (as do all two year olds) and I sometimes wonder if I am doing right by her (giving her enough attention, stimulation). Does she feel less loved since her little brother arrived into this world?

I think I just need some sleep.

Peace out.

No comments: