Monday, December 11, 2006

Wanting to be "fair"

I really enjoy the Christmas Season. I LOVE the shopping and taking the time to find the perfect gift. My problem always come with the monetary amount. Most of the time, like with nieces and nephews, I have a $30 limit per person. But let's say I find the perfect sweater for Niece #1 and it's on sale for $20. I then feel as if I have to spend another $10 on Niece #1 to be fair. Or with gift cards. Sometimes they come in an amount such as $25 and $50. Nothing in between. I always just want to be fair. Why can't I just buy the sweater on sale and be happy I saved money and she gets a cute sweater??? Maybe because I am the oldest child of 6. I don't know. I feel like I am being "cheap" if I stick with the less expensive gift.

Anyone else feel this way?

No comments: