Thursday, December 21, 2006

Costco for the holidays

Today I had the absentminded idea of "running" into Costco with the kids. It was 10:30am so I figured it would not be so bad. Apparently they must of opened early because it was quite difficult to find a parking spot. As I proceeded to bundle my little joyous duo into the cart I felt a twinge of "maybe this is not a good idea", but chose to ignore it. Into the store we went because I really wanted to get my little girl the cute little set I had seen a week earlier with a play ironing board, broom, dustpan, etc. (No, I am not the strong willed feminist career minded woman, I am the SAHM who happens to love being home and being supported by and with my hubby). Anyhoo they didn't have what I needed (yes Mom I know, I should have let you pick it up for me the other day), my ginormous cart had a broken wheel that steered only to the right, and they had not tissue paper left (not toilet tissue, but gift bag-box tissue paper). So here I am with a box of baby wipes ready to go.

I did stop and look at the pillows and two really nice women told me how they loved the memory foam-contoured pillows that I was looking at. Ya see, hubby and I have both been waking up with terrible neck pain and certainly not feeling refreshed from an evenings snooze so I thought maybe new pillows is what we needed. A new mattress is most definately not in the budget right now. So with two raving reviews I picked up my pillows and headed for the register.

Here I am 10:15pm, ready for a good nights sleep on what feels to me like the world's hardest pillow and I suppose I will stuff my gift bags and boxes with Kirkland brand babywipes. (they are hypoallergenic)

No comments: