Monday, June 11, 2007

wrong answer!

I used to have a good friend. We lost touch as people sometimes do. After having children, I grew up and realized it didn't matter whose fault it was or whatever it was about. I was going to call, write, but never did. So, the other day in Costco, as I was waiting for Hubby to finish at the Customer Service desk, someone walked up to me, waving the whole time. It took me a minute to figure out that this was the Best Friend of my Old Friend. We chatted quickly and talked about our children and a few other small talk thingys. We said good bye and I felt the sweat pouring off of me. I looked terrible. No make-up, my shirt had a stain on it, and I do think I had peanut butter in my hair. Oh yeah, although I am only about 15 pounds more than when we used to hang out, I look about 45 pounds overweight. As we walked out of the store, Hubby asked about her and who she was. I gave him a quick background and then said
" God, I look so fat, I cannot believe I ran into her today."

guess what Hubby said:

a) Babe, your are beautiful and definately not fat!!!
b) Fat?? Fat?? Honey, you are so not fat!
c) Well she wasn't that thin.

yeah, I got c) when at that moment I was crying out for an a) or a b) or both!!!

Do they ever learn??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Do they ever learn?" The answer is NO, NO. Get used to it. He loves you as you are i.e. a very compassionate and loving person who for some reason thinks she has an overweight problem. Feel free to come and look at yourself in my bedroom mirror - maybe, just maybe your mirror is wrong. Hugs and kisses to the little ones and love to "hubby" who still has to learn to "say the right thing". Have a good day. Luv ya.