Tuesday, June 19, 2007

aaarrrggghhh! the mommy monster

So far this morning I have Googled "patience", "parenting", "patience in parenting","patience with toddler" and "how to not run out of the house screaming like a lunatic". I still have no answers. I have about 10 minutes of sanity right now as JR is napping and Sarah is watching a show. wait, here she comes.....

Allright. So, we woke up at 5 am, breakfast, walked, did pilates and fought. The entire walk all my darling daughter did was bitch. I didn't think that this would begin for another, say, 11 years?? She kicked her brother, drew on her entire body with a very bright blue crayon and hit me.

I am tired and sick of feeling like I suck at this. We are supposed to have lunch with my 2 friends today, but honestly, I cannot leave this house feeling like I want to pop my little ones head off. How can I sit in a restaurant with my little monster? I really have no appetite. I look around and see Mother's who are so good at this. Doesn't anyone else get mad? Are there any other Mommy's out there who just get fed up? I love being home but I wonder sometimes if it would be better for my babies if I worked outside the home? I have not located the patience or skills yet to raise a toddler. Time-Outs only work sometimes. Then we end up smacking her on the butt for hitting her brother? It doesn't make sense to me, how the hell is going to teach a young child the correct behavior?

I know that tomorrow is another day and today's rush of evil emotions will pass, but, well, now I have screaming toddler on my keyboard and have to finish that thought later..km,agjakgjl;

No comments: