Saturday, March 21, 2009

toy hammers and toilets

I took away all the toy hammers. Really I did, quite a while ago. Because what would any normal stocky little 3 year old boy do with them? That's right, bang the walls and tv really really hard with them. Of course. Isn't that what they are for anyway? So, to my surprise as I was doing my own business in the bathroom, the kids playing nicely (so it seemed), I heard this loud, insane banging sound from the wall behind me. "stop JR", I say loud enough to be heard through the wall but not yet a yell. The banging continues, with giggling surrounding it. See, he knew he got me. I couldn't do anything from my current position. "STOP JR", I say louder, ok, I yelled. Really loud. Trying hard to finish what I'm doing, yelling at a child who is laughing at me and banging his hammer even harder now. What's a girl to do?

Hubby is away for a few days and my stress level has been maintained at "elevated". I even woke up this morning, looked in the mirror with a forced smile and said "This is a new day, we are going to have a great day!!" That lasted an entire 45 minutes until the hammer-mom-stuck-on-the-toilet-incident. So what IS a girl to do? Nothing else but a grab a toy hammer and bang away with the rest of the bunch!

No comments: