Thursday, October 18, 2007

happy morning, no sun yet

My darling little Sarah is a morning person. A true, wake up, ready for the day at 5 am kid. Sucks, right? Ok, I have been used to it, and frankly I am a morning person too, but I like to wake up by myself, not being kicked and pushed and screamed at "Mooommmmaaa, gettt UPP!!" So, I decided to play around with the kids bedtimes, since JR had also been getting up way before the sunrise. I moved his bedtime to 8pm (from 7-7:30) and he seems to enjoy sleeping until 6:30, maybe even 7am if I am lucky (and the little terror girl is semi-quiet). My Sarah though, well last night I put her in around 8:45pm (moved from 8pm). Can you even guess what time she woke up this dark and very early morning?

4:30am.

No joke.

Being that everything I read on parenting is about consistency, I will continue the madness of trying to keep her up a little longer at night in hopes of sleeping in myself an extra half hour or so. I really don't mind getting up early myself, but a little coffee and change of clothes to start my day before the madness would be supremely nice.

2 comments:

Pendullum said...

4;:30 A.M>???
Oh, my goodness it sent a shiver down my spine....
YOU!!!!
Are the strongest mother alive....
4:30 A.M.

Keep her up to 10pm!!!!! or at least teach her how to turn on the coffee in the morning...

Deborah said...

that one has always backfired for me, too. One thing that has worked - strangely enough- is to put them to bed 15 or 20 minutes EARLIER. Makes no sense, I know, but it works.