Saturday, August 04, 2007

summer saturday

This morning we got up and at 'em early: a nice walk for Momma at 6:45am (hubby did a good job with his selection on the MP3 player, I ran most of the way!!) Then at 8am we went over to the other side of town to visit some friends who were having a yard sale. My friend L is wonderful and tried so passionately to dump, I mean lovingly give, unused toys and such to my wonderful little babies. We ended up leaving with a book, 2 small toys for the baby, a pair of Spiderman sandals (for the baby as well) and a very loud Sesame Street saxaphone that apparantly does not have an off switch - thanks a bunch L!!!

I was inspired however to perhaps throw my own little yard sale soon. We have so many baby clothes and things packed in all kinds of corners in the house, old kitchen gadgets, blankets, movies. Every few months when the kids outgrow things I am simply squooshing large and tightly packed garbage bags on top of one another. I had thought about Ebay, but to get a postage scale and sort everything out would be such a pain in the neck. I do have two small children I am supposed to be spending time with. So I guess I will see if hubby will be around next week to help me with an all out, sell-my-junkfest.

No comments: