Wednesday, August 15, 2007

baby steps

I find that most of my own tantrums stem from my impatience and that fact that I sometimes forget that little Sarah is only 2 1/2. I will stand at the sink doing dishes and say something like " Ok Sarah, let's start cleaning up your toys " or " come on, let's (fill in the blank) " All the while I continue to do whatever it was I was doing, expecting her to just jump up and do as I command. Being in the moment is really much harder than I ever expected it to be. Stopping myself and taking in each little minute. Realizing that if I cannot control myself sometimes, it certainly must be harder for someone at the tender age of 2.

Patience, doing unto others as I would have to me, self-love - these are all the things I myself struggle with daily, and now I find more motivation to work on it so that I can truly show these to my children. One day at a time? I think One Moment at A Time, for now at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was reading your post and all I keep thinking about was how much it reminded me of my wife.
The sad thing is I find myself getting frustrated at her for losing her calm, but I forget at times that I only have to deal with the situation for a coupl eof days on the weekend and a couple of hours each night during the week.
I am sure we will all get there in the end though.