Wednesday, July 11, 2007

temper, temper

I was recently watching a new mother walking the neighborhood, pushing along her little darling. How quiet, how peaceful. I remember when Sarah was younger and everyone would comment on what a good baby she was, how I will never get another child that well behaved. We would go to friend's houses and everyone was shocked at how nice she sat in the stroller without fussing for longer periods of time. Or how she was sweet and noticeably smart she was. I was the proud Momma of a good baby. I was appalled at the mothers who seemed to have no control of their children, whose kids threw embarrassing tantrums, right there in front of everyone!

Fast forward to my sweet little girl at the age of 2 1/2.
Tantrums, fights, even trying to make a deal here and there: "Momma, how 'bout only 2 minutes in time out, ok?"

Last night we tried for a short walk around the block after dinner. This ended with me and hubby passing her back and forth, football style, after she threw herself on the ground kicking and screaming. Then she pulled my hair and injured my breast. So the three minute walk ended with a time out and some chocolate. (the chocolate of course being for me)

2 comments:

Pendullum said...

Oh Honey....
I remember those times....

Anonymous said...

Hang on. I promise things will get better.