Tuesday, July 17, 2007

dream it

Right this moment I looked over at my little girl to catch a glimpse of what she was doing : dressed up in a very large, baby blue colored princess dress she is swinging a Dora baseball bat yelling home run. Then, as she runs, she tries to fix her little orange plastic pumps and prances around the bases. That is what I want for her, to have all she needs. The fun, the pride, to not worry about what others "might" think or say of her. I want her to dream big and live bigger. I want her to trust her gut and do the right thing. To help people and be compassionate. To work out because it is good for her body, not to get to the perfect weight. To eat healthy because it feels good, not to deprive herself or try to attain am image we are "told" is the standard.

hey, wait, am I talking about me or my little girl?

1 comment:

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I love watching kids just be themselves.