Monday, July 30, 2007

catching up


This past week Sarah got her first pair of ballet shoes. It was very exciting for her and she wears them all the time when we are home. All the time. It is so inspiring to watch someone with pure passion just enjoy what she is doing. I know that I get so caught up with things that I forget to just enjoy the moment.


As a parent I certainly did my share of learning lessons this past week also, for instance:
  • The phrase "Don't cry over spilled milk" was not meant for the child, but for the over-the-edge-parent.

  • Spaghetti is much easier to vacuum up after it has crusted up and dried to the floor, rather then while still sticky and fresh.

  • Tantrums are contagious, for all involved.

  • It is ok for Momma to work out or nap or whatever by herself, it makes for a much better home.

No comments: