Friday, July 16, 2010

Gluten Free Pancake Recipe

ah, another a few days have passed and I realized that I never posted that pancake recipe!!

Gluten-Free Pancakes

1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free Arrowhead Mills All Purpose Baking Mix
1 Tb sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 mashed banana ( or 2 TB oil )
1 Tb vinegar PLUS enought milk to make 1 Cup (or use buttermilk)
4 egg whites

Combine everything except the egg whites.
Whisk or beat the egg whites to fluff them up (is that a cooking term??)LOL
Fold egg whites into batter mixture, let it sit for 5-10 minutes. (this seemed to be a prevalent step in most of the gluten free pancake recipes I came across)
Grease heated griddle (I used coconut oil as I had just bought it and have been trying it in many different recipes - it gave the pancakes a great taste!)

After I made 1/2 of the batch I really wanted some blueberry pancakes, so I folded in some berries- however when I did this, the batter seemed to lose some of it airiness. Next time I will fold the berries in with the egg whites (had to use those fresh Jersey blueberries!)

Enjoy!

No comments: