Friday, October 02, 2009

security breach

As usual when I went to bed last night I asked Hubby if he turned on the alarm. He said yes, I went to sleep. Around 1am little JR came running into our bed, scaring the daylights out of me. I got him settled into our bed and then could not sleep. I had a dream just previous to this that someone came into a window and took Sarah. Now I am freaked AND cannot sleep. I got up checked on Sarah, and noticed that no, the alarm was NOT on, so I turned it on.
3:30am the phone rings, I wait a second, always knowing that a phone call in the middle of the night cannot be good news, then I look at the caller-ID- it says ADT Security. freaking out......
I pick it up and the young man proceeds to calm me down and tell me something about a security issue with a smoke alarm- I look at the box and it says it needs batteries. He says to make sure there is no smoke anywhere just to be sure. There is not. So, he says to change the batteries and the alarm signal will stop. Now we notice the BEEPING from the system to warn of the low battery. Now JR is wide awake. Hubby goes to change the batteries and of course they are the weirdest size and we don't have any. ok, now I have to listen to this beeping ALL NIGHT.
I reset the alarm and try to go to bed, (check on Sarah again.....)

The phone rings, someone else from ADT, asking Hubby is he knows there is a problem with the smoke alarm.... he tells her yes- we just talked to someone- no batteries in the house- change em tomorrow.......can she shut off the smoke alarm portion..good.


We get settled again, my heart is racing- oh, in the meantime JR has to go potty and since we are working on pottytraining I have to give him his 2 M&M's as a reward for going on the potty- even at 3:30 in the morning. Ok, heart is still racing- it is so cold- the kid won't sleep....

finally! He falls asleep and before I know it 5am rolls around and in comes Sarah- safe and sound- and I no longer think about how little sleep I have had or how my heart had practically beat out of my chest- I think about lucky I am to have this family, and pretty glad I know that ADT is looking out for us.

No comments: