Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's SUPERbaby!

It is always the simplest things that bring out the most laughter around here. Last night the kids used some small blankets as capes and we(all of us) had so much fun! Flying superheroes, or whatever the little guy thought he was, he just got a kick out it! He tried to tell us how much fun, but his words just weren't working. The look on his face and the laughter coming out of him told us all we needed to know. In fact, first thing this morning, as I lifted him out of the crib, he struggled to get out of my arms and ran over to the blanket he had been using the night before as his "cape". He ran back to me with a smile and a quick yell of something and I knew he just wanted that "superhero" feeling again.

I have to admit the best feeling about our fun last night is that it brought back such great memories of running around and saving the universe with my own brothers and sister! Feeling like a kid again is certainly the sweetest ending to a great day!

No comments: